Hack the Patriarchy is a not-for-profit event and will be run primarily by volunteers. There are plenty of ways to get involved that make use of a variety of skills, and you don’t have to be available over-night in order to volunteer.
Volunteers are Needed in the Following Roles:
- Technical, Design & Subject Matter Mentors (Professional & Student)
- Head of Hacker Experience
- Tech Manager
- Workshop Room Manager
- Check-In & Registration
- EMT/First Aid
Technical, Design & Subject Matter Mentors
– Ideally we’ll have plenty of mentors on hand through-out both days. I’m looking for both professionals as well as student mentors who can commit to 3-5 hours of accessibility during the event, being on hand to guide and coach the teams.
Head of Hacker Experience
– This is a crucial role for the event, must be highly tech savvy & enjoy interacting with people.
– High level tech skills & experience a must. You’ll be in charge of keeping tabs on the tech needs of the day (and of the individual teams) as well as dealing with any technology crises that arise.
Workshop Room Manager
– We’ll have workshops available all day Saturday and early afternoon Sunday, both technical and non-technical. You won’t need to teach any of the workshops, the job mostly consists of educator wrangling & making sure each workshop has any needs met.
Check-In & Registration
– Must like people! You’ll be the first line of greeting participants so must be a morning person, available 7am – Noon both Saturday and Sunday.
– this will be a remarkable event, so we want to document it! We’d just need you for a few hours on Saturday, Sunday (or even overnight!) to take pictures of teams and/or interview participants for American Idol style videos.
Interested in one of these positions or helping out in another way?
Please take this short survey and we’ll be in touch with more information!
Create your own user feedback survey